SL7™ – Frequently Asked Question’s
- Are all of your SL7 DG Vaults and SL7 DG WorkRooms 240/240/240 FRR rated?
Yes they are. DG Vaults and Mini Vaults are all 240/240/240 FRR.
- Your competitors claim 240/240/240 FRR, particularly concrete products but they have not been tested. How can SL7 claim 240/240/240 FRR?
Because SL7 products have been rigorously tested by an approved independent testing company to the required standards that we claim.
- Do all of your SL7 DG Vaults meet the regulatory requirements of a WorkSafe (NZ) Type D storage facility?
Yes they do. They can be used as a WorkSafe (NZ) Type C storage facility as well.
- Do all of your SL7 DG WorkRooms meet the regulatory requirements of a WorkSafe (NZ) Type 3 workroom?
Yes they do. They can be used as a WorkSafe (NZ) Type 2 workroom as well.
- Does this mean that DG Vaults and DG WorkRooms can be located against buildings and boundaries with zero separation?
Yes, but only where the hazardous substance regulations make allowance for zero separation ie, Class 3’s but not Class 4’s. The DG Vaults and DG WorkRooms are ideal for companies who have small building to boundary footprints.
- How much volume can we carry in an SL7 DG Vault?
This varies dependent on the SL7 DG Vault you are enquiring about and product classification to be stored, but let’s say it is an SL7 DG6MHC Vault with a bund capacity of 5,000 litres storing Class 3’s. Storing package sizes over 60 litres in size requires 50% of bunding which means you can store 10,000 litres. If the package sizes are less than 60 litres in size then it requires 25% so you can store up to 20,000 litres.
- Can an SL7 DG Vault go inside a building?
Yes it can but once again certain conditions apply so consult your hazsub consultant or certifier. SL7 has alternative options available for internal use dependent on requirement so call us to discuss.
- We have limited space in our building so can we locate your DG Vault outside against the building and service it from inside via internal access?
Yes it can be done very simply with most buildings by putting an opening in the wall (with roller door) wide enough for the DG Vault doors to open through.
- Can I sell the SL7 DG Vault if I no longer have a use for it?
Yes you can and it’s as easy as finding a buyer which would not be hard as the SL7 Vaults and WorkRooms are in demand as they are portable and provide immediate compliance to a purchaser. The reality is that they may depreciate on the books, but maintain an excellent value unlike permanent DG structures.
- What is the best way to relocate or transport an SL7 DG Vault or DG WorkRoom?
Any transport company involved in container movement with swing-lifts can transport SL7 DG Vaults and DG WorkRooms. The DG Mini Vaults are easily relocated or transported by conventional transportation. For international purchasers DG Vaults and DG WorkRooms are registered to be shipped on any container capable vessel.
- Can we take power, plumbing or production based feed-lines into SL7 DG Vaults or SL7 WorkRooms?
Yes all of these options can be accommodated very easily. Dependent on a customers requirements we can install fire collars and penetrations into the vaults that will facilitate almost anything requested.
- Got a question not covered in this FAQ section?